Let's squash some veggies! Use the up arrow to shoot tomatoes at pesky produce and be sure not to miss!
1) Set the backdrop for your game and create your tomato sprite.
2) Create another sprite to shoot the tomato out of. Place the tomato at the shooting sprite's position.
3) Have the shooting sprite move left and right with the arrow keys (or other keys). Hide the tomato for now.
4) When a key is pressed (the up arrow in the demo), make the tomato shoot out of the shooting sprite. When it reaches the top of the screen, move it back to the shooting sprite and hide it again.
5) Create a veggie sprite and place it in a random position.
6) Create more veggie sprites and make them constantly appear at random times in random places. Have them appear for only short intervals of time.
7) Create different costumes for the veggie sprites and have each veggie wear a random costume when it appears.
8) If a tomato hits a veggie, make the veggie and tomato disappear and send the tomato back to the shooting sprite's position.
9) Create a score variable and display it on the screen.
10) Every time the tomato hits a veggie, increase the score.
11) Create a lives variable and display it on the screen.
12) Every time a tomato reaches the top of the screen without hitting a veggie, decrease the lives variable. Display a message explaining why the player lost a life for a few seconds.
13) End the game when the life count reaches zero and display a game over message.
14) Optional: Create instructions for the game and show them to the player before the game starts.
15) Challenge: Create a visual effect for when the tomato hits a veggie.