Protect your target from infiltrators by blocking them before they reach base. Use your shield as a last line of defense. Play this game on any device, including mobile!
1) Set your backdrop and create your target.
2) Create your blocker sprite and make it follow your mouse.
3) Create your shield and have it only appear when you press a key. ("S" is used in the demo.)
4) Make the shield disappear after a few seconds and only allow the player to deploy it once. Tell the player that it is for one-time use only.
5) Create a group of infiltrators that start at random edges of the screen and move towards the target.
6) Have your target's health decrease every time it is hit by an infiltrator. Show the health on the screen.
7) Give your blocker the ability to stop an infiltrator before it reaches your target.
8) Make your shield block infiltrators just as your blocker does.
9) Create two more groups of infiltrators. Vary the appearance of each group as well as the speed at which they move towards the target and their impact on the target's health. Make sure your blocker and shield are able to protect your target from each group.
10) Create a timer that increases every second. Show it on the screen.
11) Add levels to your game. After a certain period of time, make the level increase and tell the player that a new level has been reached. With each level increase, clear the screen of infiltrators and restore your target's health. Then make the game harder.
12) If the target's health goes below zero, end the game. Display a game over message on the screen.
13) If the target stays alive for a specified period of time, tell the player that he or she has won the game.