In this project, we're going to make a game where a character has to collect falling dots before they touch the ground. The coolest part: if you do the challenge step, the game will even work on mobile!
1) Create two sprites: your character sprite and a sprite for your character to catch.
2) Make your character move left and right when the left and right arrow keys are pressed.
3) Make the sprite that will be caught start at a random point along the top of the screen.
4) Have that sprite fall.
5) If the catchable sprite touches the character, have it go back to another random spot at the top of the screen and fall again.
6) If the catchable sprite hits the bottom of the screen, have the game end. Make the screen show "Game Over."
7) Make a scoreboard. The score should go up whenever the character sprite catches the other sprite.
8) Make a level counter. If your character catches a certain number of sprites, reset the score to 0 and make the level go up by one.
9) As the levels increases, make the game harder by making the catchable sprites fall faster.
10) Challenge: Since your phone doesn't have arrow keys, you'll need a new way to get the character sprite to move. How can you adapt this game so that it will work mobile?