In this project, we’re making a game where you rotate a controller to catch the colored dots correctly.
1) Delete the original sprite and draw a controller sprite. Put it in the center of the screen and sized appropriately.
2) When you click the left and right arrow keys, make the controller rotate. (Challenge: can you make the rotation motion smoother?)
3) Create a single dot sprite. Have the dot sprite hide and then clone itself. When the flag is clicked, have the clone start in the right-hand corner (we’ll handle randomness later) and travel towards the controller until it touches it, where it should disappear (and optionally make a noise).
4) Instead of having the clone start in the same place every time, have it start in a random location on the screen.
**Optional Challenge:** Instead of having your sprite go to a random location, have it go to one of the four corners of the screen. (Create your own custom block in More Blocks called “go to a random corner,” define it, and use it in your dot sprite.)
5) Create a score that goes up whenever the dot is correctly caught. (Still just one color.)
6) Create a lives variable that starts at 3 and goes down whenever a dot is caught incorrectly. The single dot should continue to reappear until there are 0 lives. (Still just one color.)
7) Instead of having just a single dot, have your dot continue to clone itself.
8) Now add different colored dots. (Tip: this may involve tweaking of various parts of the game to make it fun but also possible.)
9) Optional: make the game get progressively harder and harder the further you get
10) Share your game publicly by clicking the share button in the top-right corner and submit it below.